Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Donald Mustard speaks ! And DLC ?

Donald Mustard speaks ! It's great to see that DM is still keen to support the fan community. The following was posted on the official forum:

Hey there. Sorry it’s taken me a few days to post, but I’ve been reading your messages (well, when I’m not walking around Times Square…) and I’m so thankful to all of you for your continued support of the game.

It’s been crazy. You’d think our jobs end when the game comes out (at least I did), but we’ve been really busy promoting the game and the contest! Not to mention preparing for some future projects we’ll talk about some other time...

Back to the contest. Now, normally I’d be like “whatever, contest, blah, blah, blah.” But hey, you can win a million bucks! Who lets you do that?

So, yeah it sucks that the contest people had some tech issues during the first week, but Majesco is awesome and is giving everyone a chance to re-compete for the prizes again this week! I mean, you already have the game. Why not compete for some cash? So, good luck competing this Thursday for twice as many prizes.

I know a lot of people are upset with some less flattering reviews of the game and all I can say to that is...well, I think they suck too. I stand behind Advent and I’ve had a great time playing it. We set out to make something different and it’s always difficult to do things differently because people immediately love it…or they don’t. We had a number of hurdles to overcome with our first game – some we expected, some we didn’t, none of which I’m in a position to discuss at this time – but we still accomplished a lot of which we were told we never would and we’re still determined to do more with our future games and to try and change things - as opposed to settling for what everyone else is doing. More importantly, I swear that any mistakes you may find in this game will NOT be tolerated in our future games. Period.

Keep posting your feedback on the game. Whether you love it, hate it, or are somewhere in the middle – I want to know what you think about every last little detail.

Thanks again for all of your support. Like I’ve said before, we are making these games for you, so your feedback means a lot.

Donald Mustard


Great to see a creator willing to talk to fans and address some of the bad publicity the game is getting. BTW - I am officially excited again to be getting the game, hopefully in July. (A disturbing lack of information on that Euro/Aus release though...)

Also of interest is some speculation around some Downloadable Content. There is obviously the DLC involved with the competition, but some eagle eyes on the official forums spotted this on the contest instructions:




Map 1 and Map 2 ? What could this be ?! It could be nothing, just a placeholder or something... but maybe for example the PC version ships with a little extra content, with this extra content available on Xbox Live ? All speculation, but isn't that half the fun ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home