Friday, August 26, 2005

The Future?

Hey there Adventers...

So what does the future hold for the Blogspot? When I started it up I anticipated quite a successful launch of the game and a largish passionate community that would keep generating news worthy of getting excited about that would turn into coverage of Advent 2 etc.

As it now stands there are a few VERY passionate fans still around on the internet (check out the official forums for a good bunch of people). And I don't have faith that news of Advent 2 is going to be coming soon or be positive. I guess there is the Comic coming out... but there is not much on that out there.

If there is anyone out there that want's to start posting news/wallpapers whatever... let me know!

My big regret of course remains that I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME! Oh well... one day it might arrive in Europe/Australia.

Thanks to everyone that has emailed, posted comments and of course to those of you that sent in content - was really great, and appreciated by many in addition to myself. Special mentions to Berserker and Algarys on this count.

3 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Berserker said...

It's kind of sad the way that the Advent Rising community has turned out. I had big expectations for it back before the game was released, and was really looked forward to a mind-blowing game that would have a real strong fanbase. Well, at least I and a few others enjoyed or will enjoy the game for what it is.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you, Rooney, for always taking the time to keep this site up-to-date as well as you have. I could tell from the first few times that I visited the site that it showed a bunch of promise, and I'm happy to admit that I'm not at all disappointed with it. Keep up the good work with the site and know that you'll always have a loyal reader here! :D

By the way, I found this article on the Majesco forums a few weeks ago and forgot to bring it to your attention. I'm not sure if you have seen it or not...

http://tinyurl.com/7slke

Maybe Advent Rising is one of the 14 announced titles. It just seems like they would come right out and say it if it was though...still here's hoping.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Algarys said...

Hi, I haven’t been able to go on the Internet for more than a month because I was on holidays; I’ve just came back today, I see that the PC version has FINALLY been released, ok, but unfortunately there is still no release date for Europe !!!
Rooney, I’m as frustrated as you, and, as if I needed it (even if I knew it would happen one day), this Douglas man at IGN says that no sequel will see the light… :’(
At least, the article pointed by Berserker brings me hope again…

And, Rooney, do you remember when, in my first comment here, I said I was sure that your site would be great? Well, it is really great, I exactly think like Berserker, you’ve always done a good job, I sincerely thank you for that, your site, updated frequently, made my wait for Advent Rising a little less long….

Another loyal reader,

_Algarys_

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Rooney said...

Thanks guys!

As I originally said - quality contributors to the site, and quality people!

The site actually was getting quite a few visitors just before the release of both the Xbox and PC versions... and I started getting some weird emails from people assuming I had all this inside information, wanting me to tell them exactly when and where they could buy the game, why it was being delayed etc.

But as Berserker said the community has kinda fizzled out... I think as a direct result of the reviews and the competition cock up. Oh well! Maybe there will be a second coming with the sequel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home