Friday, August 26, 2005

The Future?

Hey there Adventers...

So what does the future hold for the Blogspot? When I started it up I anticipated quite a successful launch of the game and a largish passionate community that would keep generating news worthy of getting excited about that would turn into coverage of Advent 2 etc.

As it now stands there are a few VERY passionate fans still around on the internet (check out the official forums for a good bunch of people). And I don't have faith that news of Advent 2 is going to be coming soon or be positive. I guess there is the Comic coming out... but there is not much on that out there.

If there is anyone out there that want's to start posting news/wallpapers whatever... let me know!

My big regret of course remains that I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME! Oh well... one day it might arrive in Europe/Australia.

Thanks to everyone that has emailed, posted comments and of course to those of you that sent in content - was really great, and appreciated by many in addition to myself. Special mentions to Berserker and Algarys on this count.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's kind of sad the way that the Advent Rising community has turned out. I had big expectations for it back before the game was released, and was really looked forward to a mind-blowing game that would have a real strong fanbase. Well, at least I and a few others enjoyed or will enjoy the game for what it is.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you, Rooney, for always taking the time to keep this site up-to-date as well as you have. I could tell from the first few times that I visited the site that it showed a bunch of promise, and I'm happy to admit that I'm not at all disappointed with it. Keep up the good work with the site and know that you'll always have a loyal reader here! :D

By the way, I found this article on the Majesco forums a few weeks ago and forgot to bring it to your attention. I'm not sure if you have seen it or not...

http://tinyurl.com/7slke

Maybe Advent Rising is one of the 14 announced titles. It just seems like they would come right out and say it if it was though...still here's hoping.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I haven’t been able to go on the Internet for more than a month because I was on holidays; I’ve just came back today, I see that the PC version has FINALLY been released, ok, but unfortunately there is still no release date for Europe !!!
Rooney, I’m as frustrated as you, and, as if I needed it (even if I knew it would happen one day), this Douglas man at IGN says that no sequel will see the light… :’(
At least, the article pointed by Berserker brings me hope again…

And, Rooney, do you remember when, in my first comment here, I said I was sure that your site would be great? Well, it is really great, I exactly think like Berserker, you’ve always done a good job, I sincerely thank you for that, your site, updated frequently, made my wait for Advent Rising a little less long….

Another loyal reader,

_Algarys_

 

Post a Comment

<< Home